PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL
Project Proposal Criteria (SAVE ALL DOCUMENTS AS ONE PDF FILE: Last Name, First Name)
Proposals must include:
- Cover Page (one-page) containing:
- Project Title
- Individual student or team members’ name, major, expected graduation, and contact information (email address and phone number)
- Mentor’s name, title, and contact information (email address and phone number)
- Project Proposal (two-page maximum, 12-point font, single-spaced)
- Project Overview
- Project Design
- Potential Obstacles/Hurdles/Pitfalls
- Expected Goals
- Reference Page (one page)
- Budget (one page): be as detailed as possible on allocation of funds
- Expected Timeline of Project (one page)
- Letter of Support from Mentor (one page)
- Mentor CV or Biographical Sketch
- The RLAC Program is open to all Notre Dame, Saint Mary’s, and Holy Cross undergraduate and graduate students from all colleges and departments.
- Students are permitted to work in teams consisting of up to five (5) members. At least one (1) member of the group must be a current Notre Dame undergraduate or graduate student.
- In an effort to promote innovative and integrative cancer research, students are highly encouraged, but not required, to collaborate with their peers from departments and programs outside of their own field of study.
- Each project proposal must have a mentor. Mentors can range from a faculty or staff person at Notre Dame or other colleges and universities to an outside corporate representative or physician to oversee and guide the project.
Dates and Deadlines
- Project Proposal Deadline: March 4, 2019
- Estimated Award Date: Awards will be announced on April 8, 2019 during the Award Ceremony the HCRI Cancer Research Day